- This profile easily replaces your jazz shoes but provides support and shows off the feet better
- The AMP is Apolla’s answer to a no-show sock
- The AMP has traction on the ball AND heel of the foot to mimic that of a jazz shoe
- Great for dancers that may still rock back into their heels and don’t quite have the weight over the balls of their feet
- From cheerleaders to tappers, runners to Barre class, or hip hop to everyday wear…if you are an athlete wearing a shoe, this is your Shock!
- AMP is short for Apolla’s Multi-Purpose Shock
No compression in the toes but slim cut to show off the feet
Hits just below the ankle bone to provide ankle stability where the ligaments insert that are most vulnerable to rolls and sprains
Revolutionary Arch Support
- When you don’t have support in your arch, the force of dancing yanks on the plantar fascia at the insertion points and causes inflammation.
- To keep strong arches, it is good to help lift them and give them support in class, and after class during recovery
- This doesn’t restrict you from building strong ankles. In fact, it helps remove inflammation which can cause pain and force you to stop dancing
- More time dancing is what will help build strength
- Supportive, not restricting
Knit-In Energy Absorption
- Gives your heels and metatarsals comfort and helps ease your joints when landing jumps
- This pad on the ball and heel of the feet does not restrict you from feeling the floor
Moisture wicking (keep your feet dry)
Anti-microbial (they don’t stink easily)
You can choose NON or WITH our patent-pending, refreshable invisible traction
- This style the traction is on the ball of the foot AND the heel
- Great for your dancers that may rock back in their heels
Comfortable seam stays out of the way
They are washable
- You don’t have to wash them as often as a typical sock but, unlike your dance shoes, you can wash them!
Available in Black and White
- We are working to have them in our nude colors by 2019
- Black is available WITH and NON-traction
- White is ONLY available in NON-traction
- We love feedback and release products as you demand them. Email email@example.com if you want to see other options!
Apolla Shocks® are anatomically correct.Click here to see how to wear them properly
DID YOU KNOW? Dancer injury rates are TWICE the amount as football players from the knee down? It’s true! Most of those dancer injuries are caused by overuse, repetitive strain & inflammation (65% from the knee down). This inflammation causes pain, aches & can lead to chronic injuries. We want to help you ache less & feel better. How do we do that?
- Targeted compression to assist circulation & recovery by reducing inflammation
- Arch support & ankle stability offer similar support provided by taping
- Knit-in energy absorption provides metatarsal (and heel comfort for full-coverage Shocks)
Compression feels like your feet and ankles are receiving a nice, snug hug. It is not uncomfortable, but it will feel different. Apolla uses compression levels that are high enough to effectively lift the plantar fascia in targeted insertion points on the arches to help keep it lifted and supported. It also helps to stabilize the ankle’s tendons and ligaments. Wear your Apolla Shocks in class for support and reduce inflammation, then wear them AFTER class for recovery. Recovery and rest allow your feet and legs to be fresh the next day. They are also great for travel and everyday wear. If you are nursing an injury, wear your Shocks as much as you can. This is very similar to the support you will get from taping…except it allows for better movement and comfort. This compression helps remove the inflammation, which in turn helps you ache less and feel better…AKA Dance Longer & Dance Stronger!
Apolla has created a unique traction that gives grip you can feel when you need it and takes a backseat when you don’t. The grip also does not restrict you from feeling the floor like normal dance shoes. The bulk and seams you get under foot in your dance shoes has been removed and replaced with an adhesive that can be refreshed! Yes, it will start sticky and you wear the grip down (break it in) to the level of stick that is right for YOU, your floors and choreography. You KEEP it there by using the E6000 Spray Adhesive. This keeps “re-sticking” the grip over and over for the life of the Shocks. CLICK HERE to see our 1-minute video tutorial and for more information on how our traction works.
Apolla Shocks are incredibly durable but just like the arch of a good tennis shoe, the effectiveness will lessen with time, wear and tear. We guarantee they will last you 6-9 months, but we encourage you to replace them to keep your support effective…because they will still look and feel great after 6-9 months.
All of your Apolla Shocks® can absolutely be washed…yes, even those with traction! In fact, the fit gets more comfortable with wear and washing. We hope you notice over time they start to form to your foot for a perfect, custom fit. It is important to take care of your Shocks and wash them properly in order to protect the compression, moisture-wicking, and anti-microbial properties, but also to maximize the lifespan of your Shocks. It is okay to use rosin with your Shocks. Like dance shoes it is recommended you keep the toenails short to avoid puncturing the Shock. For the traction pairs, you do not need to wash your Shocks daily. This may prolong the traction of your Shocks. Please use the following guidelines to care for your Shocks:
- Wash with warm water in gentle cycle
- Low tumble dry
- Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets
- You will get best results if you wash and dry your Shocks in the Apolla mesh bag (sold separately)
NOT SURE IF THE AMP IS YOUR BEST FIT? CLICK HERE TO TAKE YOUR PERFECT FIT SURVEY AND DISCOVER YOUR APOLLA SHOCK STYLE
For years, dancers have worn dance shoes they think make dancing easier, what they are told is “right” to wear in class and what is “traditional”. In reality, the available footwear options are poorly made, uncomfortable, and provide zero support. Many dancers just refuse to wear dance shoes and wear regular socks that can be dangerous without traction, offer no support, are ill-fitting and do not last. Others just opt to go barefoot which creates sanitary concerns and does not help with supporting and protecting the dancer feet. We have dance teachers suffering from chronic injuries like plantar fasciitis that can only teach in tennis shoes…shouldn’t we be looking to stop this cycle? When dancers suffer from career ending injuries way too early in life and have TWICE the injuries from the knees down as football players, why aren’t we looking to advance dancers with sport science technology like all other sports have? Today, dancers ARE artists and athletes so we need to start acting like it! The technology available today enhances the output ability of an athlete…it can assist dancers and help them dance longer and dance stronger. Why are we forcing dancers to dance without support? What makes something acceptable footwear? Apolla Shocks don’t stop you from feeling the floor and even have styles that allow you to build calluses. Apolla Shocks have traction, show off the feet, come in colors that compliment any line, and are durable. They outperform “dance shoes” in every way…they are the answer. Think of all the traditions that have been changed with the advancement of education? Something new is here, so let’s let go of the old way of thinking and embrace the new! Let’s get dancers protected and supported and wearing Apolla Shocks!
Want to know what real customers think of the AMP? Scroll down to see all the reviews and testimonials!