- AKA The K-Warmer
- The beloved legwarmer is back now with function never imagined for dancers. Consistent Kinesio compression throughout gives muscles and joints support without restricting movement
- They stay in place! No more annoying legwarmers that roll and slip down
- Sleek design shows off every aspect of a beautiful leg line
- Engineered with moisture-wicking yarns to keep your legs warm but not sweaty
- Antimicrobial (they don’t stink)
- Can be worn with tights or to replace leggings
- Give your knees, calves, and thighs a snug hug of support
- Can be paired with your favorite Apolla Shock for maximum support
- Perfect for class and recovery
Consistent moderate compression throughout
Function PLUS Fashion! Keep your muscles warm while wearing support in this fashion must-have
Bottom of the K-warmer has zero compression and lays flat on the ankle
- You can keep it on the ankle and add ankle support by pairing with your favorite Apolla Shock
- OR you can wear alone and pull the fabric down and under the heel for ankle support
Available in black
One size available
Moisture wicking (keep your legs dry)
Anti-microbial (they don’t stink easily)
- They are washable
- For care instructions look on packaging or CLICK HERE
DID YOU KNOW? Dancer injury rates are TWICE the amount as football players from the knee down? It’s true! Most of those dancer injuries are caused by overuse, repetitive strain & inflammation (65% from the knee down). This inflammation causes pain, aches & can lead to chronic injuries. We want to help you ache less & feel better. How do we do that?
- Targeted compression to assist circulation & recovery by reducing inflammation
- Arch support & ankle stability offer similar support provided by taping
- Knit-in energy absorption provides metatarsal (and heel comfort for full-coverage Shocks)
Compression feels like your feet and ankles are receiving a nice, snug hug. It is not uncomfortable, but it will feel different. Apolla uses compression levels that are high enough to effectively lift the plantar fascia in targeted insertion points on the arches to help keep it lifted and supported. It also helps to stabilize the ankle’s tendons and ligaments. Wear your Apolla Shocks in class for support and reduce inflammation, then wear them AFTER class for recovery. Recovery and rest allow your feet and legs to be fresh the next day. They are also great for travel and everyday wear. If you are nursing an injury, wear your Shocks as much as you can. This is very similar to the support you will get from taping…except it allows for better movement and comfort. This compression helps remove the inflammation, which in turn helps you ache less and feel better…AKA Dance Longer & Dance Stronger!
Apolla Shocks are incredibly durable but just like the arch of a good tennis shoe, the effectiveness will lessen with time, wear and tear. We guarantee they will last you 6-9 months, but we encourage you to replace them to keep your support effective…because they will still look and feel great after 6-9 months.
All of your Apolla Shocks® can absolutely be washed…yes, even those with traction! In fact, the fit gets more comfortable with wear and washing. We hope you notice over time they start to form to your foot for a perfect, custom fit. It is important to take care of your Shocks and wash them properly in order to protect the compression, moisture-wicking, and anti-microbial properties, but also to maximize the lifespan of your Shocks. It is okay to use rosin with your Shocks. Like dance shoes it is recommended you keep the toenails short to avoid puncturing the Shock. For the traction pairs, you do not need to wash your Shocks daily. This may prolong the traction of your Shocks. Please use the following guidelines to care for your Shocks:
- Wash with warm water in gentle cycle
- Low tumble dry
- Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets
- You will get best results if you wash and dry your Shocks in the Apolla mesh bag (sold separately)
NOT SURE IF THE KINESIO WARMER IS YOUR BEST FIT? CLICK HERE TO TAKE YOUR PERFECT FIT SURVEY AND DISCOVER YOUR APOLLA SHOCK STYLE
For years, dancers have worn dance shoes they think make dancing easier, what they are told is “right” to wear in class and what is “traditional”. In reality, the available footwear options are poorly made, uncomfortable, and provide zero support. Many dancers just refuse to wear dance shoes and wear regular socks that can be dangerous without traction, offer no support, are ill-fitting and do not last. Others just opt to go barefoot which creates sanitary concerns and does not help with supporting and protecting the dancer feet. We have dance teachers suffering from chronic injuries like plantar fasciitis that can only teach in tennis shoes…shouldn’t we be looking to stop this cycle? When dancers suffer from career ending injuries way too early in life and have TWICE the injuries from the knees down as football players, why aren’t we looking to advance dancers with sport science technology like all other sports have? Today, dancers ARE artists and athletes so we need to start acting like it! The technology available today enhances the output ability of an athlete…it can assist dancers and help them dance longer and dance stronger. Why are we forcing dancers to dance without support? What makes something acceptable footwear? Apolla Shocks don’t stop you from feeling the floor and even have styles that allow you to build calluses. Apolla Shocks have traction, show off the feet, come in colors that compliment any line, and are durable. They outperform “dance shoes” in every way…they are the answer. Think of all the traditions that have been changed with the advancement of education? Something new is here, so let’s let go of the old way of thinking and embrace the new! Let’s get dancers protected and supported and wearing Apolla Shocks!
Since this style just debuted on September 4th, we don’t yet have reviews. BUT we do hope you will leave one once you get a chance to try them!